Title: Regional Vice President of Sales
Location: California, USA
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
The Regional Vice President Sales (RVP Sales) will report to the Chief Sales Officer (CRO) and work closely with a number of peers, managers and subordinates across Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Product Management, Customer Success, HR, Legal, and Finance departments. You’ll be a proactive and curious member of our growing sales team.
We are seeking a sales Rockstar who can carry a bag closing large enterprise deals while also wearing hat of RVP Sales helping to keep our revenue engine running through their own skill and the leadership of a team of driven sales representatives.
Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of and experience with the sales process, excelling at lead generation, eliminating competitive threats within our customer base, ensuring customer satisfaction, and most important, closing deals. We’re seeking a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others.
The role demands a leader with a sharp mind and the ability to coach, advise, motivate, or replace sales representatives to create and maintain a high-performance sales force.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The RVP Sales is responsible to build and execute a go-to-market sales plan for a defined sales territory/region. The RVP Sales is also responsible for recruiting, managing and driving success of his / her assigned sales team exceeding company targets and expectations. Activities the RVP Sales oversees include:
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients and partners by understanding focus and needs, and anticipating them in advance
- Support and solve problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Illustrate the value of products and services to create growth opportunities; compile and analyze data to identify trends
- Participate in brainstorming, staff meetings and client meetings, researching and assisting with program development for existing clients and new prospects
- Perform prospecting activities such as cold calling and networking
- Follow up with clients regularly to ensure needs are being met and identify opportunities.
- Maintain a database of clients, prospects, partners, and vendors
- Stay current with company offerings and industry trends
- Coordinate internal and external resources to expedite workflow and shorten sales cycles
- Manage communication between upper management and employees
- Oversee and achieve organizational goals while upholding best practices
- Working with CRO & CMO teams to continuously developing and refine offer value propositions and differentiated positioning
- Articulating solutions and products value differentiators
- Managing a portfolio of programs to attract, engage and convert prospective customers within assigned territory/region
- 10+ years in diversified sales and sales leadership roles, driving and implementing revenue growth
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects
- Ability to manage multiple accounts while seeking new opportunities
- Ability to understand client needs, and negotiate costs and services
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach
- Ability to craft and execute a sales territory/region go-to-market strategy
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- MBA—or equivalent advanced degree
Apica is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.