Apica Systems is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Java to join the development team in Sweden. The role is Hybrid Remote and time in office is very flexible.
Our company is a market leader in Load Testing and Web Performance Monitoring with an international presence and large domestic, European and US customers. We work in a high-paced agile development environment with quick response to changing needs, and we are excellent at it. Our product evolution is rapid, and you will be involved in all activities throughout the entire SDLC from architecture/design to final delivery and maintenance.
About our Tech Stack:
· Java 11 (Maven), Java Spring Boot
· PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MongoDB
· All Hyper-Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
· Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Docker
· Apache Kafka
· And more!
What you will be doing day-to-day:
· Write beautiful, efficient, fully tested, high-quality code through TDD
· Work as part of an amazing, high-performance cross-functional team
· Review code and help others write better code, pair programming
· Share knowledge, explore and solve problems, scope work
· Contribute to all stages of the software life cycle: design, planning, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
· Push the boundaries of technology
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are expected to:
· Have strong analytical skills and be able to apply software design principles in problem solving, while always having non-functional requirements in mind (security, readability, etc.)
· Work on REST service design, service-oriented architecture and similar concepts
· Always look for improvements in the development process and actively engage in our improvement efforts
· Mentor and guide other developers, enforce code quality through best practices and coding standards
Who you are:
· Proficient in Java based web service and web site development (5+ years)
· Proficient in the Spring ecosystem of frameworks and APIs (Core, Boot, Data, REST)
· Have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
· Experienced in working with Agile methodologies and practices
· Experienced in working with PostgreSQL/MS SQL and MongoDB
· Experienced in working with MQ brokers such as AWS SQS, ActiveMQ or Kafka
· Experienced and knowledgeable of AWS and services such as S3, EC2, etc.
· Excellent at communicating in English