Technical Support Engineer
Support - Portsmouth NH
Apica’s operates a worldwide customer experience monitoring and load testing network spanning over 120 locations for a global enterprise customer base.
As a result of continued growth, we are looking for a web savvy, energetic, and motivated individual to help our clients and prospect clients with their performance monitoring.
You will join Apica’s global support and operations organization where you will be part of a small multi-functional team where you will be supporting both our customers and the SaaS platform and will be working closely with the Technical Operations team and the Software Engineering team to provide world class service to our customers.
The core of the role is to ensure that our customers are successful in achieving their business goals using our SaaS platform. This includes
- Provide technical assistance on the phone, email to customers with scripting issues, questions and platform functional/performance problems
- Develop and maintain customer monitoring scripts where appropriate
- Work with clients, account managers, and technical staff to resolve application problems
- Contribute actively to product knowledge base and other product related documentation
- Manage the operations of the platform and infrastructure running linux and windows built on a Hybrid of cloud (AWS, Azure, Alibaba), VPS and VMWare
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal production issues
- Collaborate with engineering in identifying product defects, designing solutions and testing
- Work closely with product management in identifying customer needs and requirements, and validate future feature designs
- Participate in on-call rotation
Who you are
- 2+ years of work experience in a client services environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related major
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP.
- A natural born troubleshooter with sharp analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- A support Systems administration background with experience with cloud and virtualization technologies (Hypervisors, VMware, AWS) as well as Linux and Windows
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized and a strong team player
What we can offer
- The opportunity to be part of our awesome global team working out of our new office in Portsmouth New Hampshire as well as the opportunities to travel to our other offices in the UK and Sweden.
- A fun, challenging and fast paced work environment where you will be exposed to the leading-edge tools and methodologies
- An exciting mix of multi-national personalities doing fun stuff together.
- A compensation package that offers a market salary, great benefits, health insurance and 401K