Product Management Director
Product Management – New York, NY
The Product Management Director will lead the execution for driving the product vision, strategy, roadmap & related initiatives from inception through execution. This newly created role that will require highly collaborative cross-functional leadership and close partnership with the R&D team in Stockholm, marketing, sales, customer experience and other teams. This role is an integral part of the business, ensuring the organization’s ability to scale to achieve its growth objectives in the US market.
Through planning, organization, validation, and execution, this position will be responsible for blending the company’s vision, the voice of the customer, and cross-functional team members with the latest and greatest industry trends to deliver and expand our product and ensure unique value is derived from both internal and external customers.
Our ideal candidate is a results-focused, forward-looking leader on the leading edge of trends, with a history of successfully managing the product lifecycle through large-scale, cross-functional implementations.
- Define and evolve our platform from strategic planning, product roadmap, product design and specification, overall product quality, and tactical execution
- Monitor and keep abreast with industry trends and competitors to identify and respond to new opportunities based on market research, trends, customer feedback and requests, and market demand
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to collaborate and extract meaningful insights and articulate product strategy, positioning, and decisions while eliciting commitment of resources
- Oversee the product lifecycle from ideation to implementation to ensure seamless transition into releases and grow our product with aggressive deadlines
- Advance product development methodology, policies, and governance frameworks to improve and enhance user experience, product and feature prioritization, release predictability, quality, and velocity
- Build, manage, and motivate efficient and innovative Product Management team to meet and exceed organization and departmental goals and objectives
- Measure and analyze performance of product initiatives against ROI, KPIs, and other metrics. Continually generate ideas for product introductions and expansion
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on messaging, value proposition, and differentiation to evangelize our product with analysts, media, customers, and partners
- Experience leading a product management organization within a startup or B2B organization
- Deep understanding and appreciation of cloud, platform, API integration, databases, business applications, and UX.
- End-to-end experience managing the product development life cycle with a proven track record of successfully launching new products and services.
- Extensive and broad knowledge of the industry, trends, and relevant external forces in SaaS and subscription-based business models, with an understanding of the Product Management function and role within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute strategic initiatives to advance and drive the product direction and vision.
- Thorough understanding of project management and agile development methodologies.
- Ability to lead, influence, and motivate individuals and teams. Skilled in holding people accountable, establishing high standards of excellence, and stretching their abilities to perform their best work.
- Hands-on technical leader with an ability work effectively with the Development team and manage effectively up, down, and across an organization, including global teams.
- Strong cross-functional and team-building skills with an ability to build positive and productive working relationships and foster creativity, innovation, and integrity within and across multicultural teams.
- Strong process orientation with a demonstrated ability to evaluate processes and implement change at all business levels.
- Proactive sense of urgency with an ability to anticipate, respond, build consensus, and pivot to the needs of employees and customers and make tough decisions in the face of resource constraints and ambiguity.