Sr. Java Developer
Software Development - Stockholm, Sweden
As a Sr. Java Developer @ Apica you will be part of a cross-functional team developing Apica's distributed applications and tools. You will work collaboratively during the design, implementation and deployment phases as part of a big technology transformation project redefining Apica’s technology stack using agile methodologies and practices.
The position suits you who have a big interest and knowledge of Java and want to develop further in your career together with a fun and inspiring team. At Apica you will get an opportunity to grow in an international and modern environment. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new and whenever possible you will get to work with the latest techniques on the market.
As a person, you are a natural born troubleshooter with sharp analytical skills. You manage to work in a fast paced and agile environment with a self driven mindset and have a sharp eye for details. We will help you set high goals for yourself and value your promises to team members and clients, delivering on deadlines and always striving for top performance. Here we take responsibility for our own results of work and understand how we all play a bigger part on the journey towards company's success.
We have a very diverse and international workforce and can sponsor work permits but we want you to have lived in Sweden for at least a year to apply.
The Skills We Need
To be successful in this role we think that you have an academic degree within IT, engineering or equivalent and you feel comfortable working in the english language, both written and spoken. You have a passion for java development and feel confident working with Java based web services and site development. We would like for you to match the following criteria:
- 5+ years of professional Java based development considering yourself an expert in the core Java language.
- Experience in agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban) and agile development practices (CI/CD, TDD etc).
- Experience with the Spring ecosystem of frameworks and APIs (Core, Boot, Data, MVC, REST)
- Experience working with RDBMS (MS SQL Server/PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Experience working with MQ brokers such as AWS SQS, ActiveMQ or Kafka
If you have any of these skills that would be even better:
- Experience working with Spring Integration, Webflux, Batch.
- Experience working with front-end JS technologies such as Vue.js or React.js
- Configuration management and packaging.
- Container technology (Docker)
- Understanding of Synthetic and Performance Monitoring
- Experience with Load Testing